Posted on: September 23, 2014
Written by: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
By Judy Thomas, JD
Executive Director, Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
The new California POLST goes into effect on October 1, 2014.
Here are 6 things you should be doing right now to prepare for the new form.
- Order new POLST forms from Med-Pass.
- Familiarize yourself with the new form: download a copy in English.
- Learn about key changes to the form.
- Spread the word among your colleagues by sharing this article. Thanks!
- Replace old forms. Previous versions of POLST will still be honored after the 2014 form goes into effect, however, it is best practice to complete a 2014 version of POLST—and void older versions of the form—when a patient’s POLST is updated.
- Download the 2014 POLST form in other languages.