Posted on: June 1, 2017
Written by: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
Do you like to collaborate on new ideas, programs and strategies? Are you adept at developing new systems to transform organizational vision into operational efficiency? Are you passionate about changing the culture of our healthcare system to better care for seriously ill patients?
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is a collaboration of healthcare providers, consumers and regulatory agencies devoted to helping people get the care they want in the face of serious illness. We have a proven track record in achieving our mission through advocacy, education, convening, and innovation resulting in systemic change.
The Chief of Programs and Operations (CPO) works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to develop projects that support and implement the organization’s mission and to ensure the smooth internal functioning of the organization. This position is responsible for managing grant-funded programs and activities, as well as internal operational functions at CCCC, including project development and management, grant writing and management, data and evaluation, budgeting, supervision, and policies and procedures. The ideal candidate will be talented at taking high-level vision and operationalizing it into systems that keep CCCC running smoothly and effectively.
The CPO is a newly created full-time, exempt position that is a key part of the CCCC Leadership Team. The position reports directly to the CEO and supervises several full- and part-time administrative and programmatic staff.
- Grant-funded project development
- Program management
- Data collection and analysis
- Budget management
- Staff supervision
- Policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Significant proficiency with non-profit program development, grant writing, project management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated experience leading and supervising a collaborative team in a dynamic and evolving work environment, preferably including the collection of performance data.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills to effectively work with internal staff and external funders and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to operationalize company policies and procedures to utilize staff resources to their most efficient, productive levels.
Additional Experience Desirable
- Experience working with multiple external stakeholders and advisory committees.
- Experience organizing or overseeing convenings.
- Working knowledge of philanthropic fundraising.
- Working knowledge of public policy advocacy.
Salary and Benefits
CCCC offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a terrific work environment. This position is based in Sacramento.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and becoming part of our team, we invite you to apply for the position of CPO for the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California.
To apply: Interested and qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request a more detailed job description by emailing the same address. Please do not call CCCC with questions.
Potential candidates will be contacted via email to set up initial telephone interviews, with follow-up in-person interviews to be scheduled at a later time. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.