Let’s Talk: Bringing Advance Care Planning to Your Community
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Eureka Community Health Center
2200 Tydd Street
Eureka, CA 95501
EARLY BIRD PRICING through December 21, 2016
CCCC Members: $159
Includes 6 CEU for nurses, social workers and chaplains.
This workshop is for people who want to engage the public in advance care planning. Learn how to get the conversation started, the nuts and bolts of advance directives and how to navigate discussion on the topic.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify solutions for overcoming personal and societal barriers to engaging in advance care planning
- Practice using multiple tools for engaging others in advance care planning conversations
- Describe ways to effectively document wishes for end-of-life care
Shirley Otis-Green, MSW, ACSW, LCSW, OSW-C
Clinical Director of Consulting Services, Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
POLST: It Starts with a Conversation
8520 Tech Way, Suite 200
Tech Way 124A, 125A
San Diego, CA 92123
EARLY BIRD PRICING through January 22, 2016
CCCC Members: $299
Includes 11.5 CEU for nurses, social workers, chaplains, and nursing home administrators.
At the completion of this course, the active participant will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the POLST Paradigm
- List the differences between an Advance Health Care Directive and the POLST form
- Differentiate between POLST and DNR forms
- Identify the target population for POLST completion
- Facilitate a POLST conversation with a patient/surrogate and document the patient’s treatment wishes on a POLST form
- Train others in the POLST Paradigm
24/7 Online Training: Working with POLST for Professionals
Extended learning through the CSU Institute for Palliative Care
This 3-hour, online, self-paced course is designed to help healthcare professionals understand the role and value of POLST, and how to employ it in documenting and honoring patient wishes.
This course was developed in collaboration with the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California.
An optional 3 Continuing Education units (CEs) are available for purchase for an additional $25.00. See website for more course details.
Get more information about POLST by contacting your local POLST Coalition, or contacting the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California.