Let’s Talk: Bringing Advance Care Planning to Your Community–CANCELED
Monday, August 31, 2015
Mercy Medical Center Redding
2175 Rosaline Avenue, Redding, CA
POLST: It Starts with a Conversation
City of Hope Medical Center
2500 E. Duarte Road
Duarte, CA 91010
EARLY BIRD PRICING through August 10, 2015
CCCC Members: $299
Includes 11.5 CEU for nurses, social workers, chaplains, and nursing home administrators.
At the completion of this course, the active participant will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of the POLST Paradigm
- List the differences between an Advance Health Care Directive and the POLST form
- Differentiate between POLST and DNR forms
- Identify the target population for POLST completion
- Facilitate a POLST conversation with a patient/surrogate and document the patient’s treatment wishes on a POLST form
- Train others in the POLST Paradigm
Joanne Hatchett, MSN, RN, FNP, ACHPN, Woodland Healthcare
Lael Duncan, MD, Medical Director of Consulting Services, Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
24/7 Online Training: Working with POLST for Professionals
Extended learning through the CSU Institute for Palliative Care
This 3-hour, online, self-paced course is designed to help healthcare professionals understand the role and value of POLST, and how to employ it in documenting and honoring patient wishes.
This course was developed in collaboration with the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California.
An optional 3 Continuing Education units (CEs) are available for purchase for an additional $25.00. See website for more course details.
Get more information about POLST by contacting your local POLST Coalition, or contacting the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California.