Posted on: December 11, 2014
Written by: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
To address this gap, we need to understand the current capacity for delivering community-based palliative care (CBPC) in the context of estimated need, and we need information that helps providers start or strengthen programs.
Join the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California for a free webinar to learn how to understand the gaps in community-based palliative care.
What We Have and What We Need:
Current community-based palliative care capacity and resources for bridging the gap
January 15, 2015
Noon-1 p.m. PST
CE Units: +$25
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Describe California’s current palliative care capacity compared to projected need
- List operational approaches and considerations for starting or strengthening community-based palliative care programs (e.g., staffing relationships with referral sources and processes for delivering care)
- Describe methods different types of CBPC programs are using to assess the reach and impact of their services
- Kathleen Kerr, Healthcare Consultant, Mill Valley, CA
- Kate Meyers, MPP, Healthcare Consultant, Alameda, CA