Posted on: February 5, 2015
Written by: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California, along with other national, state and community organizations, are leading a massive effort to highlight the importance of advance care planning—an effort that has culminated in the formal designation of April 16 as National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD).
As a participating organization, CCCC is joining with NHDD, Health Services Advisory Group, The Conversation Project, IHI, CHAPCA, California Culture Change Coalition, CAHF, CALTCM and other partners to host a free webinar focused on how your community can get involved with this national initiative.
Get Ready for National Healthcare Decisions Day:
Ideas to kick off your local initiatives
Thursday, February 26, 2015
Noon to 1 p.m. (PST)
- Outline the history and purpose of National Healthcare Decisions Day,
- Learn about successful NHDD event planning models, and
- Find out how to use NHDD’s online tools to promote the importance of advance care planning
- Nathan Kottkamp, McGuireWoods, LLP, and founder of National Healthcare Decisions Day
- Julie Boudreau, advance care planning consultant
- Liz Salmi, Director of Communications, Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
NHDD is a 50-state initiative to provide clear, consistent information on healthcare decision-making to both the public and health care providers through the widespread availability and dissemination of simple, free, and uniform tools to guide the advance care planning process.
Learn more about National Healthcare Decisions Day at www.nhdd.org.