Posted on: April 18, 2016
Written by: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
It is with great excitement that we announce to you the scheduled office hours for our 8th Annual Summit!
What are “office hours?”
Office Hours has become an integral part of our Summit’s culture—a time when all attendees get an opportunity to consult with palliative care experts across a variety of topics. This year we have an amazing line-up of experts who are sure to ignite and inspire your next great idea.
Take advantage of this unique opportunity to meet one-on-one and get answers to your most pressing questions in an informal, small group setting.
May 12: 2:45-3:30 p.m.
- Donate Life – Jaclyn Manzanedo, CTBS
- Using Videos as Part of Advance Care Planning– Aretha Delight Davis, MD, JD
- Advance Care Planning Billing – Carol Wanke and Kelley Queale
- Engaging Patients in Advance Care Planning – “e-Patient” Dave deBronkart
- Patients in Denial – Teri Colett, ACSW, LCSW, ACHP-SW
- Mediation Techniques – Christine Wilson, RN, JD
- Working with Diverse Populations – Tim Vincent, MS
- Public Policy & Palliative Care – Teri Boughton, MHA
- Palliative Care vs. Hospice – Cameron Svendsen, MSW, LCSW
- National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD) Efforts – John Tastad, SCC
May 13: 11:30-12:15 p.m.
- Cognitive Decline and Advance Care Planning – Daniel Hoefer, MD
- Organizational Approach to Advance Care Planning – Lael Duncan, MD
- Advance Care Planning for the Homeless – Delia Cortez, LCSW, et al.
- Palliative Care Across the Continuum – Linda Healy, FNP, AHPN, & Joshua Hammer
- Psychiatric Dimensions of Palliative Care – Nathan Fairman, MD, MPH
- Engaging Faith Leaders – Julie Boudreau
- Slow Medicine – Katy Butler
- Working with ACP Decisions – Aretha Delight Davis, MD, JD
- Physician Aid-in-Dying – Jennifer Ballentine, MA
- Emotion Fatigue – G. Jay Westbrook, RN, MS, CHPN
- Combatting Compassion Fatigue in Pediatric Providers – JoAnne Auger, RN, CHPPN, Kimberly Bower, MD, FAAHPM, HMDC, Denise Hess
Learn more about the Summit and register at CCCCsummit.org.