Posted on: May 16, 2016
Written by: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
From the opening keynote address to the closing session on ethical communication, the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California 8th Annual Summit truly lived up to the theme to ignite, inspire, innovate–and take palliative care to the next level.
The Summit highlighted the importance of patient-centered care, with two clear themes emerging:
- Working with patients as partners in their own care is paramount, and
- There’s always room to improve clinician-patient communication.
There were more than 325 in-person attendees, and an additional 200 people from around the world participated in the Summit conversation through social media.
Check out these great blog reactions about e-patients at the Summit:
- E-Patient Movement! I had no idea! by Pat McClendon
- “I’m gonna live live live until I die”: new speech about palliative care at #cccc16 by e-Patient Dave
- Coalition for Compassionate Care Summit with ePatients by Kathy Kastner
Join us next time!
Save the date for our 9th Annual Summit in Sacramento on March 13-14, 2017. Email us to get on our interest list now.