Posted on: October 6, 2016
Written by: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) and Children’s Hospice & Palliative Care Coalition invites the palliative care community to submit poster proposals for presentation at our 9th Annual Palliative Care Summit on Monday, March 13, 2017, in Sacramento, California.
The deadline to submit poster proposals is: Friday, December 9, 2016.
About the Palliative Care Poster Session
Poster topics should focus on programs and projects that increase access to community-based palliative care. Posters will be viewed during a networking reception where Summit attendees will have an opportunity to talk with you and learn from your work.
The poster reception is from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on Monday, March 13, 2017
Hyatt Regency, Sacramento, CA
Learn more about the 9th Annual Palliative Care Summit
Posters should include a program description, solutions that address the topic, and a description of the results (outcomes/data).
Poster topics include:
- Pediatric palliative care
- Clinic-based palliative care
- Home-visit palliative care
- Hospital-based palliative care
- Long-term care palliative care
- Creative solutions to problems in community-based palliative care
Submissions from all health professionals are eligible. Commercial posters are not eligible.
Poster Submission Guidelines
- Posters must be placed onto a 40” x 60” foam board. Posters must be displayed as a single poster or individually printed PowerPoint slides. Easels will be provided for display.
- Lettering should be large enough to be legible from a distance of 4–6 feet.
- Poster sessions are educational. Promotional items such as consulting services and/or products will not be permitted.
- Only the use of generic names for pharmaceuticals will be acceptable.
- Presenter(s) must register and attend the CCCC conference to present their poster.
A written abstract of no more than 250 words describing your poster (not including title, names and affiliations) must be submitted by Friday, December 9, 2016.
The abstract should include the following information:
- Title of poster
- Names and affiliations
- Background/Objective/Research question: State the objective, question or purpose of project
- Methods/Study Design: Short description of study design or project process
- Results/Analysis: Provide the main outcomes, results and statistics (if used)
- Conclusions/Interpretations: Discussion, conclusions found by the study or project
One presenter per accepted poster will receive a 50 percent discount on summit registration.
Palliative care poster submissions
Submit abstracts via:
- E-mail: kscholl @ coalitionccc.org
- Fax: (888) 789-9475
- Mail: Coalition for Compassionate Care of California, Attn: Keeta Scholl, 1331 Garden Highway, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95833
Contact Keeta Scholl with questions at (916) 993-7738.