These tools and resources can help you start a conversation about care during serious illness and respond to questions regarding treatment options.
Healthcare Decision Aids
CCCC’s Decision Aids explain the complex topics of life-sustaining treatments using consumer-friendly language with neutral, evidence-based information. Topics include Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Ventilator, Artificial Hydration, and Tube Feeding. Available in multiple languages. Contact CCCC to purchase printed copies in packs of 25.
- Ventilator Decision Aid [Spanish] [Chinese]
- CPR Decision Aid [Spanish] [Chinese]
- Artificial Hydration Decision Aid [Spanish] [Chinese]
- Tube Feeding Decision Aid [Spanish] [Chinese]
Video: Is a Ventilator Right for You?
CCCC has produced a short, consumer-friendly video on ventilator use which can be shared along with the Ventilator Decision Aid. (YouTube)
Pediatric Decision Aids
During the COVID crisis, CCCC is also making free digital versions of our popular Pediatric Decision Aids available to download and share with consumers. These Decision Aids are designed to be used with pediatric patients and their families. Contact CCCC to purchase printed copies in packs of 25.
- Ventilator Decision Aid for Pediatrics | COVID-19 Digital Download
- CPR Decision Aid for Pediatrics | COVID-19 Digital Download
- Tube Feeding Decision Aid for Pediatrics | COVID-19 Digital Download
COVID-19-Specific Conversation Tools
- PREPARE COVID-19 Tip Sheet for CA | PREPARE for Your Care
- Simple Advance Care Planning Scripts for All Outpatient Healthcare Professionals | PREPARE for Your Care
- COVID-19 Tip Sheet for Consumers | Prepare for Your Care
- Brief COVID Goals of Care Guide for Outpatients at High Risk, adapted by SFVA Palliative Care | PREPARE for Your Care
- Messaging About Advance Care Planning During COVID-19 for Patients | PREPARE for Your Care (Free)
- Script: Proactive Care Planning for COVID-19 | Respecting Choices
- COVID-Ready Communication Playbook: VitalTalk
- POLST COVID-19 Statement | National POLST
- COVID-19 Links & Resources
- PREPARE COVID-19 Resources and Hospital Go Bag | Make a Medical Plan and a Hospital Go Bag During COVID-19 | PREPARE for Your Care
- COVID-19 Tip Sheet for Consumers | PREPARE for Your Care
- Advance Care Planning Conversation Guide for Consumers | Tips on how to raise the issue, responses to concerns your loved one might express and questions to ask.
- Finding Your Way: Medical Decisions When They Count Most | (English) (Spanish)
- The Conversation Project Conversation Starter Kit