COVID-19-RELATED RESOURCES & INFORMATION FOR CONSUMERS
- PREPARE COVID-19 Resources and Hospital Go Bag | Make a Medical Plan and a Hospital Go Bag During COVID-19 | PREPARE for Your Care
- Being Prepared in the Time of COVID-19 | The Conversation Project
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Resources for Older Adults, Family Caregivers and Health Care Providers | John A. Hartford Foundation
- What do Older Adults and People with Disabilities Need to Know About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)? | Administration for Community Living
- Common Questions and Answers About COVID-19 for Older Adults and People with Chronic Health Conditions | National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
- Coronavirus Scrams and Fraud Alert | California Senior Medicare Patrol
- Eldercare Locator | Administration for Community Living
- Preparing Caregivers during COVID-19 | AARP
- COVID-19 Spanish Language Resources | AARP
- COVID-19 and Family Caregiving | Caregiver Action Network
- Stay Home. Save Lives. Check-In Campaign! | California Department of Aging (CDA)
- Feeling Good and Staying Connected Activity Guide | California Department of Aging (CDA)
Advance directives can come in a variety of formats. All of the following formats are legal in California.
- Basic Advance Directive in English, Spanish, and Chinese
- PREPARE for Your Care Easy-to-Read Advance Directive in multiple languages
- Thinking Ahead | Advance Directive for use by persons with developmental disabilities (Spanish)
- Making a Plan-Thinking Ahead | Advance Directive for individuals with mental health challenges
Advance Directive Information & Resources
- Advance Care Planning Conversation Guide for Consumers | Tips on how to raise the issue, responses to concerns your loved one might express and questions to ask.
- Chinese American Coalition for Compassionate Care | Nonprofit dedicated to addressing end-of-life care issues in the Chinese American community
- Finding Your Way: Medical Decisions When They Count Most | (English) (Spanish)
- The Conversation Project Conversation Starter Kit
- Advance Directive FAQs (Spanish)
- Choosing a Health Care Agent (Spanish)
- Help for Health Care Agents (Spanish)
- COVID-19 and Advance Care Planning Resources in Spanish
- COVID-19 and Advance Care Planning Resources for Chinese Americans
Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) is for people who are seriously ill or have advanced frailty. It is not appropriate for everyone. If you are healthy, an advance directive may be more appropriate.
- California POLST form. Translations are available in multiple languages.