- AFL 20-73 |Advance Care Planning, Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST), and Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). (SNF Licensees)
- PIN 21-04-ASC | Advance Care Planning During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic (Adult and Senior care Program Residential Licensees)
Tools & Toolkits
- Toolkit on State Actions to Mitigate COVID-19 Prevalence in Nursing Homes | CMS
- ECHO National Nursing Home COVID-19 Action Network | Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG)
- Coronavirus Updates | California Association of Health Facilities
- Go to the Hospital or Stay Here? A Decision Guide for Residents, Families, Friends and Caregivers
- Long-Term Care Facility Guidance for POLST and COVID-19 | National POLST
- Compassionate Care Amidst the COVID-19 Crisis | AHCA and NCAL
- POLST QAPI Toolkit | CCCC
- Checklist Review Following an Expected Death | CCCC
- Webinar: CCCC Decision Aids: Ventilators, CPR, Transfers, and Comfort Care was presented by Jessica Nutik Zitter, MD, MPH, author and practicing physician; and Karl Steinberg, MD, CMD, HMDC, Medical Director for Hospice by the Sea.
- Webinar: COVID Symptom Management in Skilled Nursing, presented by Takeshi Uemura, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Geriatric Medicine, Division of Palliative Medicine, University of Hawaii School of Medicine, and a Founder of VitalTalk Japan; and Eric Chyn, MD, Geriatrician and Internal Medicine Physician, Community Health of Central Washington.
- Video: Advance Care Planning and COVID-19 in Nursing Homes
- COVID-19: CALTCM Weekly Rounds | California Association of Long Term Care Medicine (CALTCM)