- Do you have a talent for turning high-level strategy into ground-level tactics?
- Do you have experience working with diverse constituencies and stakeholders?
- Do you have a knack for strategic communication that cultivates relationships and enhances financial sustainability?
- Are you passionate about improving the healthcare system for people facing serious illness?
We are seeking a Chief of Engagement & External Affairs who approaches the world with an entrepreneurial spirit!
Coalition for Compassionate Care
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is working to create a world where people of all ages live well in the face of serious illness. We do that by promoting conversations about serious illness as part of everyday life and palliative care as a part of everyday health care.
We work closely and collaboratively with healthcare providers, consumers, policymakers and others throughout the state. We have a proven track record as a small, but highly impactful organization that changes healthcare standards.
Background and Position
The Chief of Engagement & External Affairs works closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to turn high-level strategy into practical on-the-ground activities that further the organization’s vision, mission, values and financial sustainability. This position is responsible for overseeing the external facing functions of the organization, including all non-grant revenue streams:
- Membership development and relations;
- Philanthropic fund development and donor relations;
- Business development and client relations;
- Education, including the Annual Summit, educational offerings, and sponsorships; and
- External communications.
The ideal candidate will be a tested, collaborative professional experienced in stakeholder engagement and communication. Must be a strategic thinker who is not averse to doing the minutia needed to get the job done.
This full-time, exempt position based in Sacramento is a key part of the CCCC Executive Leadership Team. The position reports directly to the CEO and supervises several full- and part-time staff members.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Membership Development and Relations
- Work with CEO to turn membership development strategies into actions that advance CCCC’s mission.
- Develop and communicate value-added offerings and services for members.
- Anticipate member needs and maintain member engagement.
- Increase organizational and individual membership.
Philanthropic Development and Donor Relations
- Work with CEO and other CCCC staff and consultants to develop and execute a plan to significantly grow the major gift program.
- Conduct major gift research of current and prospective donors consistent with CCCC’s major gift strategy.
- Develop appeals and solicitations, utilizing various tools including social media.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors.
- Coordinate strategic communications from leadership to major gift donors.
- Lead other philanthropic efforts, including membership and appeal solicitation mailings and emails, as needed.
Business Development and Client Relations
- Develop a structure for and package of services to engage client organizations.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy and plan for promoting CCCC’s client services offerings.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with client organizations seeking services.
- Provide coordination and leadership for subject matter experts who provide services.
- Lead the functionality and maintenance of our online store.
- Develop the organization’s overall education strategy, including solicitation of sponsors.
- Set revenue goals for educational offerings.
- Oversee staff to achieve educational goals.
- Maintain positive relations with sponsors.
- Develop and implement communication and interaction strategy to assure optimal engagement.
- Oversee the organization’s external communication channels, including newsletters, website, brochures, marketing, media, and social media.
- Maintain design, functioning, and use of constituency database.
- Lead and supervise communications staff in implementing communication plan.
- Oversee collection and analysis of data pursuant to CCCC’s communication strategy to show impact.
Physical and Mental Requirements
With or without reasonable accommodation(s), the essential functions of this position require certain physical and mental abilities. These abilities include, but are not limited to: sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting (up to 25 lbs.), typing, writing (in English), reading (English), speaking (English), seeing, hearing, driving, basic mathematical calculations, problem solving, reasoning, composition, and decision-making.
Salary and Benefits
CCCC offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a terrific work environment. This position is in Sacramento.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to info@CoalitionCCC.org Please do not call CCCC with questions.
Potential candidates will be contacted via email to set up initial telephone interviews, with follow-up in-person interviews to be scheduled at a later time. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.