Would you like to help change the culture of healthcare and improve care for seriously ill patients? Do you enjoy working with subject matter experts to develop and plan educational events for a wide variety of attendees? Are you technologically savvy with webinar production and social media?
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is a statewide collaborative of healthcare providers, consumers, and regulatory agencies working together to advance palliative care and improve end of life in California and nationally.
We are seeking a skilled Education Manager to join our team – someone who can use their educational development and meeting planning skills to plan and provide quality workshops, webinars, conferences, and educational events from conception to completion to our members, supporters and clients. This position will help ensure that CCCC continues to be viewed as a leader in convening palliative care thought leaders and change makers; as well as delivering premier educational opportunities to a wide variety of individuals interested in palliative care and end of life.
The Education Manager will be a key member of our staff, working closely with the entire CCCC team. This full-time position offers a great opportunity for the right person – one who can organize in-person and online trainings, single and multi-day conferences and workshops working both alone and with a team.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and education committee members to identify themes, topics and speakers for single and multi-day conferences, in-person trainings and webinars.
- Create and provide reports on educational events and offerings to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Oversee and facilitate all aspects of meeting planning from request for proposals (RFPs), site selection, vendor negotiation, program design, to registration and post-event reporting with or without outside consultants.
- Identify and solicit meeting sponsors and exhibitors.
- Manage all aspects of registration for multiple events simultaneously.
- Coordinate CCCC staff, volunteers, and site staff on event days.
- Correspond with various speakers to obtain appropriate documentation, materials, and releases.
- Maintain relationships and communicate with educational partners.
- Create and manage meeting/training budgets.
- Oversee all areas of continuing education, including maintaining accreditation with multiple providers, evaluation of all trainings and meetings, and producing certificates of continuing education or attendance for all individual attendees as needed.
- Produce and provide technical assistance for webinars, including instructional training, hosting and facilitation, and completed production posting.
- Print, collate and ship all training materials and supplies required for each event.
- Create and disseminate materials for marketing and promotion of all events on social media, the CCCC website, and with partner organizations.
- Post slides and handouts to the CCCC website post-event.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for speakers and CCCC staff as necessary.
- Communicate directly with registrants and speakers to solve problems and respond to inquiries.
CCCC is seeking an enthusiastic Education Manager who has at least five years of educational meeting coordination experience, ideally in an “in-house” role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit organization. Healthcare industry experience is a plus. Other qualifications should include:
- Superior project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and a high level of professionalism.
- High attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide variety of individuals and organizations, including healthcare professionals, healthcare facilities, consumers, consultants and funding agencies.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, members, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Ability to work independently and be innovative – a self-starter who enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to work well in a shared work space and work flexible hours as needed and required.
- Experience/talent in graphic design a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with WebEx a plus.
- Certified Meeting Planner is a plus.
CCCC prefers applicants to have a background that includes an associate’s or bachelor’s degree; experience working in the healthcare field; and a working knowledge of end of life, palliative care, advance care planning or Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST). Any combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge and abilities will be considered.
Salary and Benefits
CCCC offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a terrific work environment. This position is based in Sacramento .
To apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to info@CoalitionCCC.org. Please do not call CCCC with questions.
Potential candidates will be contacted via email to set up initial telephone interviews, with follow-up in-person interviews to be scheduled at a later time. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.