This online Pediatric Palliative Care Waiver Transition Resource Guide was developed by the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) in response to California’s January 1, 2019,
Table of Contents
Click on the links below to view and download each section of the Resource Guide, or click here to view/download a full PDF.
- Section 1| Introduction
- Who should use this resource guide?
- Section 2| Overview + Transition: Partners for Children Waiver and Pediatric Palliative Care Transition
- Background of the Pediatric Palliative Care (PPC) Waiver Program
- PPC Waiver Eligibility
- Transition from PPC waiver to Medi-Cal state plan benefit
- SB 1004/EPSDT
- Section 3| Understanding Adult and Pediatric Palliative Care
- Relationship with patient, family, and community
- Psychosocial – needs of the providers and needs of the patient and family
- Interdisciplinary/Transdisciplinary Team
- Section 4| Member Referral and PPC Eligibility Guidelines
- Section 5| Developing Benefit and Payment Options
- Comparable PPC Waiver Benefit Under Medi-Cal
- Payment Structures for Delivering PPC Under Medi-Cal
- Medi-Cal Codes for Palliative Care
- Section 6| Navigating PPC Post-Waiver: A Visual Guide
- Section 7| Frequently Asked Questions
- PPC Waiver Program
- California Children’s Services (CCS) and Managed Care Plans (MCPs)
- PPC Providers
- Authorizations and Eligibility
- Training and Other
- Section 8| Resources
- Section 9| References
Resource Guide | Full PDF – View/download a PDF of the complete Resource Guide.
If you have questions about home-based pediatric palliative care in California that are not answered in this resource guide or have suggestions for other resources that should be included in this guide, please email Anna Garzon, CCCC’s Program Director for Pediatrics, at agarzon@CoalitionCCC.org.