Promoting and engaging in advance care planning
This training is for people who want to engage organizations, individuals or communities in advance care planning.
The goals of this training are to:
- Learn about the conversations and activities that comprise the advance care planning process,
- Understand the nuts and bolts of advance directives and related forms, and
- Understand techniques you can use to promote and support advance care planning activities.
Includes 6 CEUs for nurses, social workers and chaplains.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify solutions for overcoming personal and societal barriers to engaging in advance care planning
- Practice using multiple tools for engaging others in advance care planning conversations
- Describe ways to effectively document wishes for end-of-life care
Register for our email updates to find out when we are hosting this training next.