End-of-Life Care Through a Cultural Lens
The Building Bridges workshop by the Coalition for Compassionate Care of California is a unique opportunity for healthcare professionals to explore your own cultural biases and apply what you’ve learned toward your work with seriously-ill patients.
In this highly interactive workshop, learn about the “culture” of healthcare while you:
- Investigate your own cultural biases and behaviors
- Explore the role culture and ethnicity play at end of life
- Role play how to have culturally sensitive discussions about palliative medicine and end-of-life care with patients and their families
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define cultural competency, cultural humility and cultural dignity in the context of health care
- Compare and contrast the culture of healthcare and the culture of end-of-life care
- Discuss prominent cultural features of your work environment and how these relate to end-of-life care
- Critique your own cultural biases
Contact us to join the interest list for Building Bridges.