Are you interested in using your communications skills to help change the culture of healthcare and improve care for seriously ill patients? Do you enjoy writing for a wide range of audiences and stakeholders?
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is a statewide collaborative of healthcare providers, consumers, and regulatory agencies working together to advance palliative care and improve end of life in California and nationally.
We are seeking a skilled Communications Specialist to join our team – someone who can transform knowledge into engaging communication and deliver it to the right audiences through the most effective distribution channels. This position will help ensure that CCCC continues to be viewed as a leader, innovator, key source, disseminator, and conduit of information on palliative and end-of-life care.
The Communications Specialist will be a key member of our staff, working closely with our team to support a range of initiatives. This full-time position offers a great opportunity for the right person – one who has exemplary writing skills and experience with communication campaigns, marketing, newsletters, social media, and public relations.
- Provide input into the development of CCCC’s annual communications plan.
- Implement and evaluate the annual communications plan in collaboration with the CCCC team and constituents.
- Accumulate, write and disseminate online content that engages audience segments through social media.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and CCCC’s website.
- Oversee website maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (articles, stories, and events) is regularly posted.
- Market CCCC’s annual meeting, education and membership activities, and implementation services.
- Maintain a network of traditional and online media contacts.
- Maintain an informed awareness of topics of interest to CCCC’s mission and initiatives, to effectively carry out all of the activities listed above and participate in special projects.
CCCC is seeking an enthusiastic Communications Specialist who has at least one year of communications experience, ideally in an “in-house” role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit organization, and covering such areas as website content, social media, newsletters, marketing, donor communications and public activation. Healthcare industry experience is a plus. Other qualifications should include:
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience implementing communications strategies.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, members, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Ability to work independently and be innovative – a self-starter who enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to work well in a shared work space and work flexible hours as needed and required.
- Experience/talent in graphic design a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with WordPress and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign and Photoshop, are a plus.
CCCC prefers applicants to have a background that includes an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field; experience working in the healthcare field; and a working knowledge of end of life, palliative care, advance care planning or Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST). Any combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge and abilities will be considered.
Salary and Benefits
CCCC offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a terrific work environment. This position is based in Sacramento.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, a writing sample (such as a newsletter article or a blog post) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. A more detailed job description can be obtained by emailing the same address. Please do not call CCCC with questions.
Potential candidates will be contacted via email to set up initial telephone interviews, with follow-up in-person interviews to be scheduled at a later time. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.