Donor Relations Specialist
Do you have a passion for helping others? Do you have strong verbal skills? Are you looking to change careers? Are you interested in moving into fundraising?
We are seeking a Donor Relations Specialist to join our team – someone who can cultivate relationships with existing and prospective donors whose interests align with our programs, and then turn that interest into financial gifts to support a shared mission.
Coalition for Compassionate Care
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is working to create a community where people of all ages facing serious illness get the care they want and no more, and the care they need and no less. We work closely and collaboratively with healthcare providers, consumers, policymakers and others throughout the state. We promote conversations about serious illness as a normal part of everyday life and palliative care as a normal part of everyday health care.
Background and Position
CCCC’s funding comes from grants, membership dues, earned income, and donations. The position will work closely with the CEO and other team members in support of CCCC’s fundraising strategy to enhance the organization’s revenue. CCCC has been laying the foundation and developing tools to enable the Donor Relations Specialist to more easily take our current, limited donation program to the next level.
This position offers a great opportunity for the right person – one who is organized, entrepreneurial, communicates well verbally and in writing, and likes to connect people with opportunities to express their passion and make a difference.
The role of the Donor Relations Specialist is to secure funds for CCCC by fulfilling the interests and passions of donors by providing them with giving opportunities and encouraging them to give.
- Work with CEO, other CCCC staff, and consultants to develop and implement a plan to grow the major gift program.
- Conduct major gift research of current and prospective donors consistent with CCCC’s major gift strategy.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors within the new major gift strategy.
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of all donor and prospect interactions using CCCC’s donor database.
- Assist in other philanthropic efforts, including membership and appeal solicitation mailings and emails.
- Ensure major gifts strategies, process, and calendar are streamlined and synchronized with other philanthropic and communications plans.
- Coordinate the promotion of major giving activities with communications, program staff, and philanthropy teams, including consultants.
- Willingness, curiosity and drive to gain knowledge of major and planned giving vehicles, as well as developing and implementing major gift fundraising strategies.
- Comfortable with working towards tangible and measurable goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position fundraising discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, members, donors, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and enjoys creating and implementing new strategies.
- Adaptive and flexible; able to work in a shared work space and flexible hours as needed and required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and donor software.
- Must be comfortable speaking with donors and CCCC staff about death and dying.
- Experience with SalesForce is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
CCCC offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a terrific work environment. This position is based in Sacramento or San Francisco.
To apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to info@CoalitionCCC.org. Please do not call CCCC with questions.
Potential candidates will be contacted via email to set up initial telephone interviews, with follow-up in-person interviews to be scheduled at a later time. This posting will remain open until the position is filled.