Are you a seasoned, dynamic major gift professional? Do you take pleasure in learning about donors and building relationships and bringing revenue? Are you passionate about end of life and serious illness?
The Coalition for Compassionate Care of California (CCCC) is a statewide collaborative of healthcare providers, consumers, and regulatory agencies working together to advance palliative care and improve end of life in California and nationally.
We are seeking a skilled Major Gift Officer (MGO) to join our team – someone who can cultivate relationships with major donors and match their interests to our programs and turn it into financial gifts. This position will play a key role in ensuring that CCCC can reach our robust financial goals for the next three years and beyond.
Background and Position
CCCC’s funding comes from grants, appeals, membership, earned income and a small number of major donors. The newly created position of MGO will be a key member of our staff, working closely with the CEO and other team members in support of CCCC’s fundraising strategy to enhance the organization’s revenue. Through work with consultants, CCCC has been laying the foundation and developing tools that will enable the MGO to more easily take our current, limited major gift program to the next level. This full-time position offers a great opportunity for the right person – one who is highly organized, communicates well both written and orally and has experience building relationships with high-wealth individuals.
- Work with CEO and other CCCC staff and consultants to develop and execute a plan to significantly grow the major gift program.
- Oversee and refine processes for major gift research for current and prospective donors rated as having potential for annual gifts within the new major gift strategy.
- Assume responsibility for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective donors within the new major gift strategy.
- Ensure accurate tracking and reporting of all donor and prospect interactions using CCCC’s donor database.
- Work with communications staff to coordinate strategic communications from leadership to major gift supporters.
- Assist in other philanthropic efforts, including membership and appeal solicitation mailings and emails, as needed.
- Ensure major gifts strategies, process and calendar is streamlined and synchronized with other philanthropic and communications plans.
- Coordinate the promotion of major giving activities with communications, program staff and philanthropy teams, including consultants.
CCCC is seeking an accomplished Major Gift Officer who has at least five years of major gift development experience, ideally in an “in-house” role within a complex (number and variety of constituents) nonprofit organization.
- Experience developing and implementing major gift fundraising strategies.
- Proven success in reaching fundraising goals.
- Extensive knowledge of major and planned giving vehicles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position fundraising discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, members, donors, and other supporters.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and enjoys creating and implementing new strategies.
- Adaptive and flexible; able to work in a shared work space and flexible hours as needed and required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and donor software.
- Must be comfortable speaking with donors and CCCC staff about death and dying.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
Salary and Benefits
CCCC offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a terrific work environment. This position is based in Sacramento or San Francisco.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.